Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all (again!) ,
We have a V-reg Scenic. Since this morning, when I've tried to unlock the car using the central locking key fob, the driver door won't open. The other doors and boot all open normally. The only solution is to lean over the passenger side and unlock it from inside - But I'm 9months pregnant so it's really not as easy as it sounds!!
I've read some other posts which suggest the 'solenoid'. Is that right? Hoping there's a cheap and quick solution!!
You've all been so good in the past when I've had problems so I'm hoping that this will be as easy!!
Thanks so much in advance!
xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply...
Yes it does sound like the motor is opening the door but nothing is actually happening.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great, thanks so much again.
We'll try that, cos I'm finding it really hard to climb over the passenger sear to open my driver door!!
x

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
hmm mine wont lock, changed the battery checked the fuse , had the circuit tested, yet i can only lock drivers door with the key have to press internal button to lock all the other doors, is a pain when need petrol and have to remember to press it to open fuel cover, is going in next friday for mot, will get it looked at then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, did you find out what was the problem , because i have the same prob....plus, when you put the headlights on the dash lights go very dim ?????..could be related... you did not say whether the door locks ok or not....

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dash lights dim as they assume that its night time ... hence your lights being on and its a way not to dazzle the driver

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a renault grand scenic mk2 my driver door will not open also the fuel cap aswell i have replace all the fuses and relays still not good can any help me

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,987 Posts
Both happen at the same time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts