Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can anyone help! im totally p***** off wind my 04 scenic drivers window! a couple of months ago it just stopped working for no apparent reason, i press the button on the master control panel and nothing, all the other windows work fine.
i did a little research and was told it could be the control module or the motor, ive sent these off to be checked and there fine (as are the 3 fuses) ive checked the wiring loom, switch and connectors in the door for signs of wear or deterioration but these look OK.
I bit the bullet yesterday and took it to Renault for a diagnostics, and was told it needs a new wiring loom from the dash to the door @ the cost £1840...!
my opinion of main dealer garages isnt great, these places dont want to repair, they just want to simply swap or replace parts.
can anyone help please, this is driving me mad....! thanks.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,637 Posts
hi, can anyone help! im totally p***** off wind my 04 scenic drivers window! a couple of months ago it just stopped working for no apparent reason, i press the button on the master control panel and nothing, all the other windows work fine.
i did a little research and was told it could be the control module or the motor, ive sent these off to be checked and there fine (as are the 3 fuses) ive checked the wiring loom, switch and connectors in the door for signs of wear or deterioration but these look OK.
I bit the bullet yesterday and took it to Renault for a diagnostics, and was told it needs a new wiring loom from the dash to the door @ the cost £1840...!
my opinion of main dealer garages isnt great, these places dont want to repair, they just want to simply swap or replace parts.
can anyone help please, this is driving me mad....! thanks.
have you had a look at any local breakers yards to see if you can source a 2nd hand wiring loom
apart from that you will have to test each wire to find the break thats if there is one
Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably would be to big a job for me, push comes to shove, ill have to get an auto spark, to have a look, but these guys aren't cheap....! thanks Ron

·
Registered
83 Posts
Only thing i could advise on with this unfortunately is to try and locate where the fault in a wire is and see if you can by pass it. Ive done it a few times with previous cars of mine but not experienced it on a window.

You have tried resetting the windows too haven't you? Sometimes it can be something silly like that even if a diagnostic tells you otherwise. :crazy:

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I didn't know the windows could be reset, any idea how this done ? thanks
Basically, make sure all the windows are up and sunroof is closed. pull the front 2 window switches up for 5 seconds straight after that do the same with the 2 rear switches. That will reset them. If nothing happens then i would try another switch before going down the re wiring route.

Hope this helped

1 - 8 of 8 Posts