Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amid safety fears,the new Drag Reduction System could be disabled for the Monaco GP weekend....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90914

I think it would make sense for the system to be removed for the event,Monaco is very much a one-off on the calendar and the race won't be effected either way as it's difficult to overtake anyway.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Seems a sensible move. I would have considered Monaco a "high" downforce circuit and wouldn't expect much benefit from running the system there.

P

·
0 Posts
The speed differential with KERS would probably be a little much for the confines of Monaco.

Sounds like a good move to me

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I agree, I also think it is a bad decision.

However, not all teams were in favour of the idea as some felt that keeping the DRS in place was perfectly safe. Some also pointed out that they would face expensive development work on a new Monaco-specific high-downforce wing if the adjustable wing was not allowed for that event.
Why would they have too? That is utter sh1t3. The current wing would be fine, just because it wouldn't open for them.

The other factor is where would they use it anyway? Would it have to be on the Pit straight?

P

·
0 Posts
A DRS wing is a fair bit different to a normal wing Mike.

That’s not to say that it wouldn't work, but given the choice you'd have a specific wing, and it'd be a fair bet that your competitors would do it, so you'd have no choice

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Ah right, I didn't think there was much difference apart from the top bit moves:eek:

They could always ban a change if they didn't allow DRS so it would stop teams with all the money having even more of an advantage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts