Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody could help me.I have recently tried to use my computer more so i bought a dvd rw.ive started downloading things and putting them on disk for my wee girl.She has a Tv DVD combi and they work perfect.But on the one in my room(pacific) and my dvd recorder in the living room (alba) it just comes up blank disk!! sorry if being stupid but bear with me.....any advice would help :crazy:

O

·
0 Posts
There are different formats of DVD i.e. DVD-R DVD+R etc

What discs are you using?

Have a look at the specs for the players or post the model numbers.

Also how are you burning the DVD, some players will play most video formats including AVI and DIVx but others will only play properly formatted DVDs.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Agree with OG, if you are just burning the avi, divx etc straight to disk, the best thing to do is look for this program winavi superb it converts files to dvd standard and I think it also burns the files for you if you want it to.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, I agree with OG, it sound more like a format issue, with the kit weve got at home, Pioneer (-R), Philips(+R), Akuri (+R), and Toshiba (-R), I find DVD+R or +RW has the best compatability even on the -R only machines.

Do you know the supported disk formats of the players your trying to use?

Hope it helps:)

A

·
0 Posts
There are different formats of DVD i.e. DVD-R DVD+R etc

What discs are you using?

Have a look at the specs for the players or post the model numbers.

Also how are you burning the DVD, some players will play most video formats including AVI and DIVx but others will only play properly formatted DVDs.

Yes I would agree with the different formats of DVD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts