·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
This will more than likely be a scam.

There have been hundreds of posts on here about the sensors and there are ways of resetting them yourself.

Rapidly deflating,then overinflating before deflating to correct pressure is one method apparently.

Look at the Laguna tyre pressure sensor thread and try some of the various methods yourself.
It could be that your sensor has been damaged when the tyre was replaced.

Later Lagunas (late 2003 on ) have wider tolerances set for the sensors and ae far more reliable.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ST, I have tried your suggestion about overinflating/deflating and it works only when it's indicating the pressures are too low or there is a puncture.
My problem suggests that the spare is fitted, ie when the wheel position icon isn't indicated and there is a steady yellow light on the dash (piece of black insulating tape covers this at the moment, cheaper than going back to Renault again...). Its the same position every time, NSR.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor then - as it is always the same one!
Also as it happened after you had a new tyre fited, chances are it was damaged by the fitter.

Most reputable tyre fitters know about the sensors so as long as you told them beforehand they should at the very least compensate you for a new sensor & reprogramming.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ST, just had my cam belt done at a local Renault Dealer in Montmorillon, they sorted it out for me FOC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts