Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi A long time ago my light came on after a wheel spinning 1st gear acceleration in the damp. The car runs fine and has no obvious problems. I have driven it for weeks with the light on and no probs. I thought it would 'SHED' the fault after so many runs-but it hasnt.
Is there a way I can reset the STOP light etc myself.. ?

If not what is the cheapest diag. plug in tool that will work as I would quiet like one for other cars and potential probs.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a renault Laguna II 2002, 95k miles Dci 1.9 there is nothing wrong with the car it just needs light resetting.
PS where is the plug in port?
I have been looking at a A 704 at £150 is there anything cheaper?

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Try looking under the ashtray for the diagnostic port.

Renault use a different protocol on their diagnostucs so not all code readers are compatible.

In my experience warning lights very rarely come up for no reason. Resetting the light just usually resets the system only for the fault to return. Whilst the engine may appear to be running OK the fault may be caused by a underlying developing problem.

Sorry but the only after-market diagnostic tool that I am aware of that seems to be the most compatible is the Renault Can Clip software.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.