Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I take it you mean have a diagnostic test done and if the tdc was faulty would it pick it up

Your answer is yes but it has been known for them not to pick up some faults i hope this helps

The problem with a diagnostic test is if the fault is a intermittant fault and when you get the test done it might be working fine and then choose to stop working after you drive away

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i mean had a starting problem with it for 10 month's now since i have had the car it has been back to the dealer's several times now and all ways come's back with no fault. i got in contact with trading standards how told me to sent a letter stating 14 day's to sort car out or i will take action car been at renault all morning left me strandered 15 miles from home to tell me there is no fault with it again but one of the tec's there has see the fault happen pissing me off in a nice way

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
yeah thats what i mean had a starting problem with it for 10 month's now since i have had the car it has been back to the dealer's several times now and all ways come's back with no fault. i got in contact with trading standards how told me to sent a letter stating 14 day's to sort car out or i will take action car been at renault all morning left me strandered 15 miles from home to tell me there is no fault with it again but one of the tec's there has see the fault happen pissing me off in a nice way
Hi thats what to do unless you just want to but a new tdc sensor and change it but i would fight with them to fix it.

It may be coming back with no error but that does not mean theres not a fault let us know how you get on thanks

Donald

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah will do mate cheers...... the car is still under warrarnty so goingto go see top dog again tomorrow and tell him he can have the car will tuesday night if not sorted money back or new car value of price mine was when i got it

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Absolutely right,Donald.

Just because the ECU isn't detecting a fault it doesn't mean that there isn't a fault in the system somewhere.The ECU does as it's sensors tells it to,so as long as a plausible reading is coming from the sensors,the ECU carries on oblivious to a fault.The ECU is not an intelligent piece of kit,it depends on a number of things to basically tell it what to do.

The wonders of modern car electronics.......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i find it really sickening taking a car back to a garage several times with the same fault and still not sorted. one of the tec's at renault has seen the problem and said it could be tdc but will not replace it untill a diagnostic test show's up that it is faulty

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
i find it really sickening taking a car back to a garage several times with the same fault and still not sorted. one of the tec's at renault has seen the problem and said it could be tdc but will not replace it untill a diagnostic test show's up that it is faulty
I know its not great but thats the only answer get it back or even contact customer services and give them hell till they repair the issue or as i said change the TDC sensor but way should you, its up to you but please let us know how you get on thanks

Donald

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the way i see it why should i have a pay for a new tdc sensor. at the end of the day the way i see it trading standards are involved now and by the sounds of it i have a good case if i want to sue them but i do like the car. and if i do i would be claming back petrol money for 30 mile jurneys and have to rev the engien when starting for 5 mins not a lot of money in petrol really but would get full money back for car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts