Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently had a problem with 'check emissions'warning light and lack of power below 2000rpm. Diagnostic at independant renault garage showed it up as EGR valve fault and was replaced.3 weeks later 'check emissions' showed again but my Scenic ll 1.9dci was still pulling well and smooth.Now however it is steadily going back to how it was and is still using a fair bit of oil like previously(before egr valve was replaced). Also now right out of the blue I am noticing a lot of smoke from exhaust mainly on slowing down or driving along steadily.This doesn't happen all the time and after a short while is ok again but definately not as smooth or pulls as well as it did as soon as the egr valve was replaced.Will be going back to garage next week but any ideas or heads up before I see what they have to say please?. Many thanks Martin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could be worn turbo seals, allowing oil to inducted with the air, this would also cause the egr to coke up even more excessively than normal.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
as above remove pipes from turbo and check fro oil (excessive)

also check play in turbine bearings 1-2 mm play anymore and this could well be the cause of lack of power along with the oil if its excessive also oil can find its way through to the boost actuator and clogg up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts