Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have cleaned my EGR valve, on my 1.9 scenic 2008 milage 105000. Took me 35 minutes to take it off and a good hour to clean it. But I am still getting hesitation, or flat spot round about 1800-2200 rpm. 4th gear 38mph. Sometimes it is noticeable other times, right as rain. I have read all the posts regarding this valve and most of them are about the older models, so the valve is slightly different. Could it be the MAF sensor? On ebay for my car they are about £40. Or could it be the turbo pressure switch? Any help would be most appreciated! Also need to be pointed in the right direction for location of parts...

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I don't know what the problem is but it might not be the EGR, I had any number of them replaced under warranty on my prior Lag, the symptoms were always loads of black smoke & hesitation from tick over through to 1500 RPM. Once the turbo cut in all of the hesitation was gone.

:think: I think I still had black smoke though under acceleration.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no black smoke. car runs ok but now and again get that flat spot hesitation 1800/2200 rmp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you have any luck in sorting this?
I ask as I'm going to have my EGR cleaned due to lack of power can have my foot to the floor and be moving at a crawl.

A

·
0 Posts
Did you have any luck in sorting this?
I ask as I'm going to have my EGR cleaned due to lack of power can have my foot to the floor and be moving at a crawl.
Wouldn't be anything to do with Maf sensor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well had a bran new EGR fitted and it's still exactly the same, beginning to wish I'd just kept my rover 25. To Renault on Friday at my wits end ?

Mandi
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there. Go to Halfords and buy some millers diesel treatment, £13. I also noticed that when I did an oil change it seemed to help. I know our car is supposed to have 5/40 oil but I put 5/30 in it as I do a lot of town driving init. Best thing I found to do is to ignore it, and when you try and find the problem its gone!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well had a new EGR fitted which it defiantly needed but still exactly the same, so took it to Renault for diagnostics nothing showed up on there but they have come to the conclusion that it needs a new turbo ? lucky enough it's still under warranty from where I bought it from do been on to him to get it sorted fingers crossed!

Mandi
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts