Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Clio MK 3 1.5 DCi
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to my car this morning to find my battery completely dead. Upon charging it, I was greeted with a constant beeping noise from the EGR valve (literally doing the exact same thing as this one here -
)

I disconnected the battery, took the EGR valve off and gave it a clean, put it back on the car and it's still exactly the same. Just beeps constantly whether the ignition is on or off! The only fault code I'm getting is P0670 which is for the glow plugs.

The valve wasn't stuck open but I couldn't open it by hand either (but then I don't know how much force is needed to open one) ... Anyone have any ideas? I've found a few other threads and comments on the video linked above but they're just from people having the same issue with no determination as to the cause.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,762 Posts
Recharge the battery, refit and start the car
ITS NOT YOUR egr draining the battery

going on your car here being a Clio 3 or Modus

·
Registered
Clio MK 3 1.5 DCi
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely the EGR valve that's killing the battery. I disconnected the plug from it overnight yesterday, and everything was fine. Connected it back up and 6 hours later the car was incredibly slow to turn over. I did find a post on here from someone who had the same issue and it turned out to be a problem with the main fuse box (Battery drain from EGR valve)

I'm not thinking there's a relay potentially stuck as my EGR valve starts emitting the high pitched noise the second the battery is reconnected. I'm guessing the relay for EGR valve is inside the main fuse box somewhere, does anyone happen to know which relay it is. I don't have the owners manual sadly and I can't for the life of me understand the wiring diagram in a Haynes manual! Gonna try changing it and cleaning up all the connectors.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,762 Posts
its your Under bonnet fuse box

You can TRY changing the relays around you could be lucky
Once you get the Fuse box out , looking at the fuse side of the fuse box
You will see there is a corner missing take this as left Top
Where the corner is missing, first relay below that corner ( Left Number 1)
Take this out and swap it with the relay at the bottom on the row of 5 relays ( Right number 5 )
(Right number 5 is after ignition relay, top left number 1 is rear heated windscreen)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts