Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi new at this but been reading can some one please help!!!

I have a Laguna 1.9DCI but having problem with the EGR Valve tryed taking it out - but it has snapped !! Can someone please help - How im I going to get the other part out!! I have order a new EGR Valve but I desperatly need to take the old valve out!!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Diane01.

I'm sure a more technical Member than I will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum do not panic iam sure it will be able to come out is there any chance of a photo of this so i can have a look its very tricky when you cant see it but iam sure someone might be able to help without a pic

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Taking the remains of the Valve out is not going to be easy with the inlet manifold in situ.. The reason it has broken is because the valve body has seized in the manifold due to the carbon/soot build up..

The problem is to remove the inlet manifold requies the removal of the Turbo and exhaust manifold also.. Not a quick job..

Brute force, a little heat, loads of banging , cutting and a great deal of luck will work.. Maybe..

It has taken me a few hours to remove one and that is with the inlet manifold removed and on the bench..

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Mine has just done this, its literally snapped in two so i have the other half and the flandge in the manifold. i've been applying WD40 to it for the last few hours in the hope that it will come out.

Failing that, how difficult is it to remove the manfiold and will i need to replace any gaskets?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Got it out, so much crap in there, im surpsied renault didnt clean it out when the turbo was cleaned 12k ago! Part of the valve has cracked off and looks to have been that way for a while judging by the soot covering over it. The recirculation hole in the manifold was less than 1cm wide it was so gunked up.

Needless to say the car runs smoother now. But one thing i noticed compared to before, below 2krpm it seems a bit slower?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts