Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 grand scenic 1.9dci ,i have just taken it for mot and the car failed when the handbrake was being used on the rollers , it makes a squeeling sound on the drivers side rear the print out shows that this side is not working when engaged but the footbrake is fine, i have had the car to a local renault dealer recently and they said it just needed reset which they done and charged handsomely for it. but the problem is still there any sugestions please thanks.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
You need to get underneath or remove the right rear wheel for access. Very likely the brake operating arm to which the cable attaches is stuck against it's stop. Use a tyre lever or heavy screw driver to lever it back, operate the brake on and off and repeat the levering to get the arm fully back. Unfortunately you may find that the arm keeps sticking requiring the brake calliper to be removed and freed off or replaced. Do not at any time operate the brake (start button on and off) if the brake cable is released from the operating arm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to get underneath or remove the right rear wheel for access. Very likely the brake operating arm to which the cable attaches is stuck against it's stop. Use a tyre lever or heavy screw driver to lever it back, operate the brake on and off and repeat the levering to get the arm fully back. Unfortunately you may find that the arm keeps sticking requiring the brake calliper to be removed and freed off or replaced. Do not at any time operate the brake (start button on and off) if the brake cable is released from the operating arm.
thank you for the advice think this will be a big help and this arm does appear to stick forward looks like the caliper will need to come off to be repaired .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts