Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to have the wing mirrors automatically fold when the car is locked?

I have electric folding mirrors but just thought it would be a nice mod for them to fold and open when the car ic locked and unlocked.

G

·
I would imagine it could be done using relays and so on, but it's something an experienced autolec would need to look into I guess.

Mind that UCH ;)

G

·
you just link the locking signal wires to the power fold mirror switch, so it thinks you have operated the switch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see, although would the locking signal cable have 12V running though it constantly while the car is locked so as to keep the relay an a fixed position?
ie keep the mirror circuit closed.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
The car will already have circuitry that operates the folding mirrors,
based on whether the switch is detected to be in the "folded" position or not.

The motors that actually fold the mirrors do not receive constant 12 V one way or the other.

When a mirror folds in, it stops at some point, and that's because a sensor switch senses that the mirror has reached its folding edge,
and then tells the circuitry to stop the motor.
When it folds back out again, another sensor senses the correct position for that,
and does the same thing, so the mirror housing stops in the correct position.

What you need to do is find the relay that operates the folding mirror, and somehow link it to the central locking.
Heaven forbid it be the UCH, although I have a bad feeling about that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.