Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off sorry for all the questions just after ive registerd but everone seems so helpfull!!

I have the chance of getting some leather seats for my laguna but they are electric ones, If I get them will I be able to adjust them even though mine at the moment are not electric?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Don't worry about all the questions,thats why we're here!:)

You will need to run a feed to the seat to make it adjustable,and I'm not sure how difficult this would be.If it's just a case of running one 12 volt feed and one earth to the connections under the seat,then thats easy enough,but I'm not sure if each motor needs a seperate feed.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I've got electric seats on my Lag Monaco and there's a whole heap of wiring, plugs and sockets under them, they are not adjustable without the wiring I'm afraid, only the lumbar support lever is manual.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got electric seats on my Lag Monaco and there's a whole heap of wiring, plugs and sockets under them, they are not adjustable without the wiring I'm afraid, only the lumbar support lever is manual.
Regards Leroy
Thanks thats saved me £75 :)

Can you get manaul seats in leather or were they all electric?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You may find that you car already has the wiring loom in place. Check under you seats to see if there are any free plugd/sockets. Most manufacturers prewire cars with the full wiring loom as its cheaper. You may need to fit a relay & fuse etc but there should be a free space in the relay/fuse box for them as well.
It may just be a case of plugging the new seats in to these plugs if you have them. Although there may be a bit more involved.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I suspect that most of the connections for Leroys seats are for the airbags and seatbelt pretensioners.

My car doesn't have electric seats,but it does have a number of connections underneath it due to the side impact air bags,seat belt on warning light and the seat belt buckle tensioners.

In theory,all the seat motors need is a 12 volt feed and an earth,and I suspect this just goes to the switch on the side of the seat.:)

It could be more hassle than it's worth,though.Does the £75 include the rear seats too?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I'll have a closer look tomorrow Laggy, I'm pretty sure there are 3 motors, one for forewards and back one for up and down and one for recline,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I suspect that most of the connections for Leroys seats are for the airbags and seatbelt pretensioners.

My car doesn't have electric seats,but it does have a number of connections underneath it due to the side impact air bags,seat belt on warning light and the seat belt buckle tensioners.

In theory,all the seat motors need is a 12 volt feed and an earth,and I suspect this just goes to the switch on the side of the seat.:)

It could be more hassle than it's worth,though.Does the £75 include the rear seats too?
I appreciate and know that. But the loom may include the spare 12v & earth electric seat connections anyway.
What I was trying to say is that there may be some "spare" connectors. Where all you have to do is plug in the seat.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Managed to sqeeze a picture of the gubbins under my drivers seat, I'm pretty sure the nice chunky black cable marked with the almost straight orange arrow is the main feed, it looks as though it comes up from the floor but unfortunately I couldn't get my head my head any further under the seat to have a proper look, I'll try again later with a mirror,
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Had another quick look with a mirror and there seems to be even more wires and plugs behind the black box in the pic, tomorrow I'll crank the seat up as high as poss and see what there is,
Regards Leroy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts