Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2004 scenic, which has developed a failure with the driver side electric window - it wont operate.

When you press the switch up or down you can hear an initial noise as if the motor was starting to work, but then nothing and the window does not move at all.

Do we need a new window motor - or does the fact that you can initially hear a movement mean it is another problem?

Any advice much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Normski - sounds very much like the mechanism has gone kaput and the motor is failing or jamming - without stripping the inner door you'll not know for sure. As far as I remember you have to buy the whole mechanism.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I feared it meant a new motor. I have done a bit of searching for a replacement unit and the cheapest unti I have been quoted is £59. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
clio

had the same problem wiv my clio found the wire sits on a plastic holder that goes on the runner.

plastic had snapped so not holdin the wire in

got some chemical metal and stuck the 2 bits together works great

renault wanted £250 for the hole window mech,,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I think I've got the same problem as Normski with my Scenic II.

Problem is, though I've got the door panel mostly removed I can't figure out how to disconnect the window switches!

I'm sure I'm being thick and missing somthing obvious but any pointers would be appriciated.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi nix the window switch comes out if the panel and the connector is at the bottom - it is recommended the switch is removed before taking the door panel off:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

I was being too gentle with it! With everything out of the way I can see exactly what the problem is.

Now I just have to re-thread the wires round the spool :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
reno sell a reg and motor combined but after market ones are avlible with just the regg they are aound 50 from autocontinental in stoke i bought them for my laguna apparently they are a common fault on lagunas megabes and clios

1 - 10 of 10 Posts