Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a renault megane classic phase1 and the problem is related to the passenger electric window side. The problem is that the motor is not stopping when it goes up and also down so it is braking the sliding clip which moves the window up and down.When tried to check the drivers window it will stop automatically and a click from under the dashdoard it is heard but while testing the other side I can't hear any click so could it be the window control module can anyone help please?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi is it a 2d or 5 door and was it like this when you got the car? you can set the window so it learns the top limit and bottom limit by holding the window button for 5-10 sec when its fully up and when its fully down there maybe a bit of room for adjustment on the regulator frame work may be worth a try for you ,if that dont work see if the relay for it is ok take it there will be 1 for it , also not all the motors/modules for the windows are the same so im told this is why i was asking if it was like that when you got the car? as if they changed it and didnt fit the rite 1 that may be your problem

Reactions: charlo1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi is it a 2d or 5 door and was it like this when you got the car? you can set the window so it learns the top limit and bottom limit by holding the window button for 5-10 sec when its fully up and when its fully down there maybe a bit of room for adjustment on the regulator frame work may be worth a try for you ,if that dont work see if the relay for it is ok take it there will be 1 for it , also not all the motors/modules for the windows are the same so im told this is why i was asking if it was like that when you got the car? as if they changed it and didnt fit the rite 1 that may be your problem
Thanks for your prompt reply. It's a 5dr Renault Megane classic saloon Phase1. I had bought it five years ago and it had not this problem at all. Few weeks ago when i had noticed this problem it had a grinding noise from inside the door. Then I had dismantle the door cover and tooked out off the door, the motor and the regulator.Than I had noticed that the clip which holds the window and moves it up and down was broken. The clip to be honest was already broken before i had purchased the car as there was a plastic tie clip with it.Than I had bought the kit from ebay and changed the cables and all the plastic clips. When I had assembled everything in it's place and tested the window up and down the motor had not stoped and unfortunately it had again broked the same clip. I had checked why the motor isn't automaticaly stopping from turning while is total closed and also totaly opened so it is not possible to set the limit by holding it for few seconds as it can breaks again the clip . Then I had cheched the drivers window and noticed that while the window is totally closed or opened a click noise from under the dash board is heard which in my opinion it indicates that something is switching off the motor from keeping going and therfore breaks the mentioned clip.
About if in the past someone had already changed the module I don't know as I don't know exactly where it is.
Thanks in advance for your help

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi the module is on the motor as far as i know witch is held on by 2 trox bolts i would also get under the dash and see where your getting the clicking from i take it its under the drivers side under the stering wheel or in or at the rear of the glove box and see if there is 2 relays as 1 may be sticking lool under search and type regulator to see if any 1 has had the same problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi the module is on the motor as far as i know witch is held on by 2 trox bolts i would also get under the dash and see where your getting the clicking from i take it its under the drivers side under the stering wheel or in or at the rear of the glove box and see if there is 2 relays as 1 may be sticking lool under search and type regulator to see if any 1 has had the same problem
Hi, I had checked for the module in the door as you had told me but there is nothing, then checked under the dash board exactly under the fuse box from were the cliking noise was comming and found an electronic box which also have some fuses in front as you can see from the photos attached. I'm not sure what it is exactly as when i had disconnected the engine doesn't start, the central lock want work and even the electric windows But what I'm sure is that the clicking noise was comming from it.What do you think it is, is it possible to be repaired or I have to buy a new one? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, please note that in the door there is nothing apart for the motor.Than I checked under the steering wheel near the fuse box to see were the clicking noise was coming. As you can see the attached photos it is a black box which also have fuses on the front and a circuit board inside. Do you know what it is as when i had disconnected from the wires the engine won't start, the central lock and the electrical windows are totally dead. Do you think it can be repaired ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi thats a uch is it the relays thats making the click and are they solderd to the board i think they prob will be, you may be better off sending it to get a repair from 1 of the peeps on ebay if you explain what the fault is are you 100% sure there is no regulator on the window motor? if not try following the wires from the door in to the side kick panel and see if it is in there, it may be a all in 1 ie built into the motor, before you try to fix or send the uch i would go the cheap route first and replace the window motor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Yes I'm sure that the click was comming from one of the components soldered on the mother board of this UCH. About the regulator I'm not sure if it is somewhere else as i had not yet followed the wires but in the door it is not for sure apart as you had told me that it might be built in the motor, so I'm attaching 4 photos from four sides of the motor to see from your experience if it can has a built in regulator inside as i had not opened it yet. What I had noticed is that there is a little part of a transparent component it is like a relay in photo 133. What do you think? Also instead of changing the motor is it possible to change the connection wires from the UCH so that I can eliminate if it is a motor problem or not?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi mate it dont look like it has a controler you could try powering just the motor and see if it stops, it could it be the window switch thats at fault? is any of the window switches the same as the 1 on the window your having problems with if so swap over the switch try that see if it works,if its still the same and the motor is running on when power is put to it try the outher door window motor pull that and do the same if that 1 stops then the motor is at fault if not its the relay system in the uch thats more than likely at fault im not saying it isnt the wires from the uch to the door, but its getting power and the window is going up and down just not stopping if you get what im saying

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I had tried few minutes ago to swap the switches but unfortunately now i'm having an other problem.The passengers side were i'm having the problems, when trying to connect the motor today it's not working at all. I checked with a multimeter to see if there is current in the motor connection and unfortunately it is totaly dead on both wires i.e. up and down movements.Then I had connected the passengers side motor with the connection of the drivers side and the motor works but still keeps on going and does not switch off like the drivers side motor.Now I can't understand why
1) the passengers side there is no current when till yesterday it has and even I had checked it after I had put again the uch in it's place ?
2) why when connecting the passengers side motor to the connect of the drivers side motor it still keeps on going and does not switch off ?
In my opinion it is not the motor which has the problem but from the other side even the UCH on one motor works fine and when changing the motor it doesn't.
Also since today i have no current in the passengers side i had followed the wires till under the glove pocket i.e also in the side kick cover and there was no regulators.So I'm totally lost and I don't know how I'm going to work it out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Sir, To be honest I didn't found the problem and as I'm total lost I already booked an appointment with the renault company for tommorow. The renault mechanic told me that 99.9% there is the motor winder faulty.This is built in the motor so it has to be changed completely with the regulator at the price of Eur255.00, which in my opionion this is not fair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeh, its really not. this is the most confusing thing i've ever come across. i studied engineering and dont get how its the motor. all a motor is is magnets and wire?? in my opinion i would be 99% sure its relay but i dont know where it is (yes everyone says under the dash blah blah blah but when you look there is like 7 relays? which one?) that wasnt directed at you btw just to stop yet another post of that lol. let me know how it goes anyway and genuinely thanks for your time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Soory for my late reply. As Already told you the Renault mechanic told me that the the motor is faulty as they had tried a new one and every thing worked fine. he also explained me that the motor has a winder which stops the motor from keep on turning.
Hope i was a help for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts