Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone who can help,

I have a megane 1.4 (2004) last week the driver's window would not go down all the others worked fine.I arrived home this evening and the window wound down on its own and would not go back up.
I opened the panel on the door and jiggled the wires got the window to go up! but for how long?
I was told I would need to get a new motor for the window but it is problably just the wires that are faulty.
Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this and what is the cheapest solution?

Mick.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
welcome, you need to re take the door card off and inspect the wires you moved, you have done the majority of any job and found where the fault lies already-the wiring to the motor-not the motor.
Have a good look at them, you will probably find a nick in a wire and it is losing continuity or a faulty termination/crimp etc-just reterminate the termination repair the cable-very quick easy and cheap
good luck

cause-just normal wear and tear- im an electrical aircraft engineer and this is normal even for aircraft-certainly on Renaults, probably incorrectly routed/terminated at the factory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers,

I was out playing golf today and when I arrived home my Misses had a bin liner bag covering the window , it had dropped again!!
Did the same thing again and got the window up , but this time I took the fuses for the electric windows out.
I'm hoping that this will cut the supply of power to the fault!!??!!
Will chase the wires tomorrow and try to find the problem.

Once again thanks.

PS. I'm no genius when it comes to cars , just a chancer I guess!!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
cars are easy fella, once you start it you will find it quite easy and be pleased when you have fixed yourself and saved a bundle of cash :rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts