Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to convert the rear manual windows of my 2005 Laguna to electric windows?

At the moment I have electric fronts but not rears. I prefer to have the rear windows down when driving to prevent my nice hair been blown about ;) by having the fronts down whilst driving. Plus the noise is nnoying in your ear lol

Anyway I stay in Scotland so the rain can come and go very quickly lol so I want to stop having to stop the car and wind the rear windows up manually when the rain starts and the same again when the sun comes back out?

Any ideas. I have a general knowledge of cars and can put my hand to most things.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I think this may be more trouble than it's worth, you would need the elecric motors and mounting brackets and also the extra switches to fit near the existing switches for the front windows, if the wiring for the extras isn't already in place then it could be quite difficult. I would suggest removing one of the rear door cards and check wether or not there is any unused wiring visible and also prising up the surround by your front window switches and checking there for extra unused wiring also. sometimes the extra wiring is included on the wiring looms and sometimes not,
Regards Leroy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts