Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I'm new here and have a few problems that i need help with.
1 all my electric windows judder when you open or close them {except the drivers side rear that's dead}
2 how do you remove the bumper moldings from the rear bumper for spraying and fitting parking sensors.
3 i have like a hose [flexi tube} near the passenger side headlight where dose it go? thank you

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
When you say your windows are juddering do you mean they are going up and down at a couple of inches at a time? Stop starting?

If so you need to reset them. When your windows are fully up hold the switch button in the UP position for 10-15 seconds. Then wind the window to the bottom and hold the switch in the DOWN position for around 10-15 seconds.

After this the windows are reset and should go up and down without a problem

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
The rear right (nearside) window switch operates upside down. Both the driver's and passenger's control All the res are the right way. Is this an easy fix?
Thanks
Do you mean when you push down on the switch the window goes up and pull up on the switch the window goes down?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. Pull the lever UP the window does DOWN. Only the rear left (not the right as I mentioned above). The rest are the right way round. We have sort of got used to it - hardly open them anyhow, but it would be nice to sort it.

·
Administrator
14,797 Posts
Did you get your Scenic 2nd hand? Because it sounds like the switch/control module has been wired backwards or the regulator has been wound round the motor in the wrong direction... :think:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, Bought from a independent dealer when the car was 4 years old. The window didn't work at all when we first saw the car. He 'fixed' it between paying deposit and collecting. He showed us it working when we returned to collect, but I didn't actually try it myself for several months - I never needed to open that window.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
My guess is the wiring is the wrong way round. I say this because I made a mess of trying to fix my own rear window last summer.

I first of all somehow blew something and the actual module burnt out along with the connecting head that fits to the unit on the wiring loom. I then bought a wiring loom for cheap on ebay with the intention of using the connecting head from it and transferring to my existing loom.

Stupid me cut the wires without first of all marking them with coloured tape or something similar. I then rewired the new connection head to the part of my existing loom in order to fit it to a replacement module. The result. It didnt work so I threw the head up with the thought of getting someone with the proper knowledge to look at it.

I actually got him to fit his self made waterproof units and when he connected it all up the window worked although like your window, up went down and down went up etc.

I told him I had previously cut the wire and tried to reconnect it but thought I may not have re-wired it properly again. He was baffled as to why the window was working vice versa initially but after I told him what I did he took my wiring apart and re-wired it. The result you ask? The window now works correctly, up goes up and down goes down.

This has me 99% convinced your problem is the same. It has been rewired incorrectly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that. I think I'll need to get some new door card clips first. I seem to break at least 2 every time I take the door card off.:crazy: As the 'kids' are now away at uni, the window is very rarely used, so I will do it the next time I'm having a splurge on doing bits and pieces. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.