Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 56reg megane 1.5 dci. tried to adjust the wing mirrors but neither will move.havent got a clue which fuse it is but all the windows work and sunroof. looking through the forum it says mirrors and windows are the same fuse. is there a separate fuse or could it be the switch. if it is the switch are they easy to remove
cheers Tony

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hi there, if you are new to Renaults are you aware the mirror direction switch rotates to either -L/H mirror, centre(off), R/H mirror- positions. If you have selected L/H or R/H rotary positions then you can toggle the switch to gain up/down, left/right movements of the mirror lenses.
I don't know if this assists?

Failing that, may have to consider if the wiring to the switch is making good contact throughout its routing, especially about the door hinge area.
Best regards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked all the fuses they look ok.Just waiting for my brother to come round with a multimeter to check if i have power to the switch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
used multimeter on connector no power a few questions
is there just the one fusebox inside the glovebox?
is it worth spraying the big connector between the body and door with wd40?
or take it to a auto electrician for a nice bill?

·
Registered
101 Posts
One of the electric mirrors on my Mk1 Megane RXE started acting up like that. I found that the mirror could be adjusted by gently pressing on the top and sides of the glass as necessary. After a few times of doing that the electric adjuster started working again. Something must have got stuck inside the mirror housing. Been OK ever since.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Is there power arriving at that big door connector? Another thing to try, switch on the heated rear window and the door mirrors should start to feel warm after a few minutes. I know that operates on a different circuit but at least it would give an idea if anything else is amiss.
I don't know Scenics so cannot assist as regards location of any other fuse boxes.
(I give these suggestions as an enthusiastic, not a qualified electrician or mechanic.)

O

·
0 Posts
The door connector is prone to water ingress, so have a look there for green all the pins. It's a real PITA to get to if you need to do any work on it.

The mirror switch itself can burn out too.

I bought another one for mine, but although I can now adjust the mirror glass, I can't fold the mirrors as that circuit has burnt in the switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the advice.Checked the fuses all look ok, Checked block connector in door. Bit of green on the 2 bottom pins cleaned and blasted with wd40,Heated mirrors work and checked for power at block connector on switch no power.looks like its going to garage to be looked at or just leave and move manually.But just ordered replacement switch as a long shot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts