Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently acquired car mentioned by richiel_7 a couple of weeks ago, still got same faults but hopefully can get to the bottom of it all! Questions i have are,

1. Have checked all suggestions so far but is there anything else i can try? have spent hours trawling this site already and think i have absorbed most of the mentioned issues associated with the megane 2.0l coupe, but not specific to my problem! I am checking all sensors and wiring but not sure what sort of reading i should be getting on the multimeter. Wiring seems fine so far!
2. If i happen to stumble on the fault and correct it, will the engine management light reset itself on its own, or does the light and fault codes need resetting with diagnostic equipment?
3.Ecu is a siemens unit part no. S110601001 D is this a sirius 32? Are the ecu earth connection still on pins 3,28,33?

Would quote richiel_7 thread but not sure how to! I think it is #5 on a search of 'megane ide'

Many thanks in advance!
ECU
Electronic Control Unit

In automotive electronics, an electronic control unit (ECU) is an embedded system that controls one or more of the electrical subsystems in a vehicle. Some modern cars have up to 70 ECUs.

IDE
IDE (Injection Direct Essence)

Renault launched the first European direct injection petrol engine. It avoids the troubles encountered by Mitsubishi by implementing in a completely different way.

Instead of pursuing ultra-lean air / fuel mixture, they adopt ultra-high EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation). EGR, as mentioned here before, reduces fuel consumption by reducing pumping loss as well as by reducing the effective engine capacity during light or part load. At the lightest load, Renault's IDE engine enables as much as 25% EGR compare with conventional car's 10-15%.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts