Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping a Laguna 2 expert can give me some information.

Yesterday I was doing a check in the engine compartment and when I removed the cover above the radiator I saw that a wiring loom was running along the front of the car above the grill. Just about in the centre of the radiator housing a lead came out from this loom it was only 3 to 4 inches in length and had mauve coloured wiring onto a small three pin plug.

This was not connected to anything and hanging loose. It was dirty and did not look like it had been connected to anything, I had a look around and could not find anything that it would go into.

Bearing in mind that my Laguna has Irish specs I am thinking that this is a connection for some accessory that is not fitted to my vehicle.

I hope I have explained this clearly and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it is for.

Thanks

Dave

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I think all the Lags have a common wiring loom with the appropriate bits connected dependent on spec level. Do you have air con fitted, if not it may be a connector for that at a guess.

If the car is working fine and doing all it should I would not worry, although it may be worth sealing the connector in a bag to prevent short circuits if it gets wet.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. No there is not an optional alarm fitted so I presume the plug is for that.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts