Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my car is slowly but surely coming down with some sort of "electrical" flu. After last week's rear sensors failure, today I had to disconnect and recharge the battery that was flat (yesterday the car started ok). After reconnecting the battery (where is my radio code:steam: ??) windows started to behave funny. To be more precise - window switches work differently: they usually have two "speeds", first for operating windows manually and second to open or close windows automatically. Now they only have one function: they move window up (or down) an inch and then stop even if I hold the switch pressed down. So, to open or close a window completely, I have to press the button dozen times:(

Should I just drive the car to the garage?
Mat

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The windows need resetting.

Press the switch so the window goes fully down and hold the switch down for a few seconds.Release the switch,put the window up and hold the switch up for a few seconds.This should give the window it's parameters again and should start working normally.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, lagdti!! It worked! I only needed to reset one window and now they are all working fine!
Is there a simmiliar solution for left nad right mirrors - when I turn the knob to adjust one of them, it tilts (the glass) all the way down and holds there. I have to open the window and adjust the mirror with my hand to readjust it. This happens for both mirrors alike.

Thanks again!

Mat

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Mmm....the mirrors sound more like a switch problem.If neither of them adjust up,then I suspect the contacts on the switch are faulty.I guess they move side to side OK?.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lagdti, mirrors won't move anywhere but DOWN. The moment I turn the knob to either side the coresponding mirror just tilts all the way down. Moving the knob doesn't affect mirrors in any way :confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Mmm....then that sounds like a reset issue too.....

Do the mirrors move down when you put the car in reverse?.It might be worth trying this and seeing if they reset themselves that way.I'm only guessing,though.:eek:

Hopefully another Espace owner will know more.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, mirrors (mis)behave the same whether the car is in P,D,N or R. I guess this might after all be a fautly switch.

Thanks!
Matj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts