Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Went to change the stereo in my 04 megane cc, took out original stereo and put in the new one, but it does not work? Checked all the cables were correct bit still nothing?? So I thought I would put the old one back in, now heres the issue, the old stereo does not work, and to top it all, the display's not working either, and the display inbetween the speedo does not work, in fact no dash items work, rev counter, speedo, lights etc etc!!! I need help quick!!!!

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
It's an ecu which needs programming by renault, so i'd say yes!
Hopefully you have just popped a fuse where you didn't disconnect the battery, but who knows!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed who knows! lol, it is a renault after all, are all the fuses in the glove box area that I should check, or are there more under the bonnet?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have checked fuses, and the coupe conso fuse had blown, replaced with the spare that was in there and all display etc came back on!! Phew! still can't understand why putting in the new stereo would do this, as I have an 02 plate megane and put the stereo in there and had no probs?!

Thanks for all the help though

D

·
0 Posts
Anything modern should have the battery disconnected before doing anything, they can be tempermental things!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And thats what I will do in future, would like to say though that the radio fuse did not blow, as this is what I would have expected as I was replacing the radio, but I guess it's French!!

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts