Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of March I Sorned the 2007 Scenic ( a JM1U ) and removed the battery to stop it being drained by the immobiliser. On putting it back on the road at the beginning of July I found that none of the 4 windows would respond to the electric window switches.

In the past I have had the usual problem with the connections to the drivers window mechanism but this seems to be something different. All three fuses are intact and current reaches the switches.

On checking the UCH status with Can Clip I found that the UCH seems to believe that the car does not have electric windows: under UCH read configuration appears the line "LC070 One-touch electric window(s)/sunroof WITHOUT".
I have tried to re-activate the windows using ET087 One-touch Electric Wind/Sun roof Auth, the command appears to run correctly but nothing changes. The ET087 status remains as INACTIVE.

Everything else appears to work correctly.

Does any one have any suggestions for solving this? I have Can Clip 194.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,404 Posts
are they ONE TOUCH

sure you have power at the drivers side of the car

Whats the year of the Espace ,,

I would be taking the multi plug off the drivers door here
Open drivers door, look at the hinges area, See that plug, pull it off,
Spray contact cleaner in both halves, go have a brew ( You have to learn to drink lots of brews owning a Renault )
Clip it back together , Shut the door. Lock the car, WAIT you need all modules to power back down

Normally 2 minutes if engine has not been started 5 if engine has been started
Unlock the car and try again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I tried that but it made no difference.

All the windows have TEMIC modules and the one-touch worked fine before the car was laid up.
Whatever the problem is, I think it is affecting all 4 windows, which is why I am focusing on the UCH.

It is a 2007 Scenic 7 seater.

There is definitely power to the window control switches. I haven't taken the door cards off yet to see what power is reaching the winder motors. If I do that I will probably just re-wire the front doors so that their windows are powered directly. Can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram that might help with this or a pin-out for the switches?

·
41,404 Posts
Check under the passenger seat for water
There is a plug there, and this controls windows as well as the handbrake doings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I checked that. My Scenic is one of the lucky ones: bone dry with no sign of water damage.

At the moment it's sitting with the battery disconnected again, on the (I know, probably forlorn) hope it will reinitialise everything correctly when the battery is reconnected.

I wonder where the earth point for the door circuits is.

·
41,404 Posts
Should be behind the kick panels ( where your accelerator pedal is,to the right of that is your plastic panel ( Kick panel )

But all 4 windows are worked through the drivers side door switches..

When you had the plug off by the hinges
Did you see the two Large pins on the plug,
One is power, one is Earth

Two rear windows, have you tried them sitting in the back of the car

Are your wing mirrors working ( Electrical parts of the wing mirror )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you had the plug off by the hinges
Did you see the two Large pins on the plug,
One is power, one is Earth
As it finally stopped raining today I took the driver's door card off and checked the wiring and the TEMIC module connectors. Also took the panels off beside the accelerator, brought the inner part of the door connector plug in so that I could get a good look at it. All the connectors are in excellent condition, look as good as new. the two pins at the bottom of the plug lead directly to the TEMIC module via the two thickest black wires and are supplying 12v at the TEMIC connector.

However, I have to qualify my claim that power is reaching the switches. It seems that in each switch block of the driver's seat only one lead is live, a brown and white wire which may be supplying power to the switch light.

The childlock switch is working as it should.

But all 4 windows are worked through the drivers side door switches..

Two rear windows, have you tried them sitting in the back of the car
When I said that none of the four windows are working, I wasn't just talking about the driver's seat controls: they are not working at all, even from the local door switches.

Are your wing mirrors working ( Electrical parts of the wing mirror )
No, but that has been the case ever since I got the car 3 years ago. It's
never bothered me enough to make me investigate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts