Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a nissan primastar which i believe is all renault can any confirm this. The other question i have is should you be able to select any of the forward gears when the reverse collar is lifted on the gear stick or is this faulty i was rightly or wrongly under the impression that by lifting the collar only the reverse gear can be selected. if all gears can be selected when the collar is lifted can somebody let me know and point me in the direction of some written evidence

many thanks

anthony

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
you are not going to find any written evidence, but let me explain how the reverse collar works.

imagine you have your 6 speeds and reverse laid out in a H pattern. the H for the forward 6 is on a lower level than the dog leg for the reverse, so when you lift the collar, it moves a ring round the gearstick high enough so you can select reverse.

it is a PK6 box in your van, same as in the laguna, and when i drove the lag this morning i made a point of checking (even though i knew the answer) and it goes in all gears when the collar is lifted. your box does not have a fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts