Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a 2.0 clio engine from n new shape clio ( well 02 era ) into a 1994 clio?

If not what is the biggest engine i can fit into the 1994 MK1 shape?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I would think that there would be 2 problems here well actually more than 2 but 2 main ones :)
1 the ecu would be needed complete with transponder and key or keycard if its this type you would need the abillity to wire all this in
2 the gearbox may not mate with engine so may need gearbox too then linkages may be different driveshafts etc etc you get the picture :)

BUT anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough and you have the abillity to make things fit

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
another problem you might encounter is the wiring loom itself. from a previuos conversion i helped with (was on a rover though) we had seriuos trouble with wiring looms that jus not reach certain components as things need to ve in different places etc

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Ilove - anything is possible if you spend enough money on it - would definitely cost more than the car is worth though - you would be better spending the money on another car honestly.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts