Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sooner do I get one problem fixed than another one crops up :confused:

I've got an 02 Laguna 1.9dCi Expression and its started cutting out on me. Being a good boy, I took it to my local garage who hooked it up to their computer only to tell me that they couldn't find anything. It got to the point where they couldn't even start it, let alone have it cut out on them !!!

It was then sent to the local Renault garage, who after 2 days of looking, found nothing wrong. The engine can cut out at anytime - i.e. not just at high or low speeds - and without any warning. The Renault garage reckoned it was something to do with the the card slot i.e. the key must be loose so it was cutting out. No such luck, cos 1 day later it starts cutting out on me again.:steam:

Has anyone had similar issues or can someone point me to a previous post where this has been discussed. Any suggestions would be really really welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Selwonk
I tries to start up but it just doesn't fire.

Sometimes, I'll hit the start button and it'll take on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Other times, I can try for upto 5 / 10 mins before it kicks in. When the garage had it, they said they kept trying and it just wouldn't start. Then, for no reason it kicks in.

Seems to depend on what mood it's in

S

·
0 Posts
The Top Dead Centre sensor is a bit of an Achilles heel on Renaults. Might be worth doing a quick search?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts