Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this so bear with me. I have just had a private diagnostic carried out on my Laguna II 2002 2.0 as it keeps cutting out. The findings were low fuel pressure. I was told that it needed a new fuel pump/sender. That has been fitted but the problem has not gone away. Any ideas.

:(

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

I would remove and clean the TDC sensor on the top of the gearbox just below the cylinder head it's held in place by 2 bolts with 10mm A/F heads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, i will look at that area. I now have the car back home as garage did not know what else to try. What i can say is that it drove with no problems occuring but i did only go at about 30mph which makes me wonder that the problem only occurs when the engine is trying to draw more fuel when under load.
If it helps i have the diagnostic report
  1. 184 fuel pressure : regulator intollerance - current
  2. 142 fuel pressure: sensor circuit open - current

R

·
0 Posts
Where those codes after you had the new fuel pump? They may not been cleared from the ECU after fitting the new pump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am on the understanding that the fault codes came back up when the fuel pump was fitted and a test carried out. This was showing the same code numbers as the first diagnostic test.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi i would be looking at changing the fpr and poss the sensor dont know where the sensor is on your car but the fpr will be on the fuel rail i presume:d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help. An engineer has also said he thinks its the FPR (Fuel pressure regulator). Renault cannot supply due to heavy back orders. Can anyone help with either a new one or working second hand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bingo.

I have solved the problem. I have had to purchase a part new Fuel rail which combines a Fuel regulator and censor which was £176 and touch wood the problem has been resolved. Thanks for all your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts