Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to this and in need of some help / guidance regarding my Trafic 2015 plate which packed in on me earlier on today!!! I was driving along quite the thing when the van suddenly jolted forward slightly at which point the STOP button lit up and the message 'Engine Failure Hazard' appeared on the display panel & the van immediately cut out!! I sat with ignition switched on for a couple of minutes and then the message in the display panel changed to 'Check ESC' closely followed by 'Check Hill Start Assistance'

Tried leaving it for an hour to see if it would reset its self but unfortunately nothing has changed and van wont start!!!

Can this be anything to do with the fact that just last week my battery went completely flat & i had to jump start it???

Is there any way that i can reset this fault so that i can get it going again without the no doubt costly expense involved with getting a mechanic out to it!!!!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:crazy:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,840 Posts
Can this be anything to do with the fact that just last week my battery went completely flat & i had to jump start it???
To me this may well be the reason for the original post.
People will have to excuse my reluctance to comment on others with "exactly the same problem"
All I will say is that many modern cars throw total wobblies with low battery voltages or performance and what OP describes with random errors is typical of this.
But could be something else entirely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts