Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right...where do i start...

The first little niggle is when the the engine is just ticking over, the engine judders which can be felt even when sitting in the car. I've changed the ignition coils and spark plugs which has improved how the car runs. It's had a new cambelt put on about 1000 miles ago and i'm told this timing could just be a tick out of time??

Secondly, i've got a toxic fume light on...no idea what this could be, but the exhaust does sound slightly noisy, i s'pose this could be when the ignition coils were knackered fuel was getting into the cat? Again i'm told this could be the EGR valve which are know to be buggers?

Finally, when i try to start the car when it's allready warm it takes a good 5 seconds, for example if i've driven to a shop, parked up then come back and try to start it, this is when i get trouble. I've looked through forums etc and from what i can work out it seems to be the tdc sensor, where is this located on a 02 1.4 dynamique 16v? just so i can have a look and clean it a bit.

Any replies would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I would think you would need to have this plugged in to read fault codes, a tad out of time would give these symptons but could also burn your valves out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts