Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2009 Master 2.5 dci. shes got 220k miles, but generally in extremely good condition and thousands spent over the last couple of years covering alsorts from new injectors, turbo, head etc etc etc.

I bought the van as a non-runner with a severe knocking noise from the engine, after investigation I found that the small end shells in cylinder 1 had completely disappeared, so naturally figured that, that was the problem, replaced all shells, oil, filter and cleaned everything up. Cylinder linings look perfect from looking up from the crank end.

Put it all back together, runs a lot better, but there's still a knock, not as loud as when I bought it, but still wouldn't want to run it and it feels like there's no/little turbo boost.

My first thoughts are big end bearings or a possible bent valve as a result of cylinder one running without shells, but I don't have huge experience with these engines, can anyone think of anything else worth checking before I rip the engine apart?

The second problem is regarding a vacuum hose that runs from the pump at the rear right of the head to a valve at the front (right) of the intake that has an electrical plug. What is this for? Should there be another vacuum hose running from it, if so where does it go to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
hi

personally with an engine with that sort of millage, I'd look for a replacement engine that can be heard running from an accident damaged identical van and do a full transplant.

Al

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry its taken so long, but time for an update.

It turned out that the crank had been worn down as a result of poor maintenance in the past, a con rod went through the block, so you were right A55ii, time for an engine swap. All done now, so far so good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts