Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a scenic rx4 and recently ran out of fuel and the engine mgt light came on. Checked out with local garage says error 13 immobiliser and they could not reset it. It may need to go to dealership for fixing. Are there any things to reset, disable or remove the lights without visiting the dealership.
thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Modern fuel systems don't like running out of fuel thats why the management light illuminated - is the car runnng OK. You could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so - it may reset itself - remember you will lose the radio code and maybe the settings.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Modern fuel systems don't like running out of fuel thats why the management light illuminated - is the car runnng OK. You could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so - it may reset itself - remember you will lose the radio code and maybe the settings.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'd just like to reiterate what madnoel10 said, I think he's having a bit of trouble posting ATM ;) :d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi There Nope Im Afraid Your Stuffed I Have Had Exactly Same Problem With My Laguna And It Cost Me £ 133 95 Sorry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine managment light

thanks for your replies much appreciated, sorry about the delay but the light is still on after disconnecting the battery. I will have to take it to the garage to see how much they can skim off me. Question how do you avoid leaving the car with garage while they fix it, i dont really trust garages.
:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts