Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have recently had the engine mound and gearbox mount replaced on my 51 reg 1.6 scenic fidji as i was experiancing loud grinding on load.
anyway to cut a long story short iv had the mounts replaced but now im experiancing movement in the accelerator pedal when i lift off the pedal it seems to judder with what feels like the movement of the engine. could this be due to a poorly fitted mount, its worse in reverse as it judders no matter if im lifting off or got my foot on the pedal. any advice would be welcome. also what would anyone pay for both engine mount and gearbox mount to be supplied and fitted by your local garage.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump.
anyone any ideas please
Juust an update, the car has been taken back to the garage this morning and i had a phone call 2 minuts ago to tell me there mechanic had re-routered the accelerator cable through the top engine ring thats there to supposidly lift and hold the engine. i wasnt happy and told the garage a few swear words on why he had to remove the cable in the first place) its not in the way or nowhere near the top mount) not a happy chappytoo say the least just hope they have fitted it the right way and im not experiancing any more problems with it or they will get a 51 reg scenic parked through there window onto the front desk!! wish me luck on picking it up after work!:devil:

G

·
Mechanics eh? Mostly laptop jockeys these days it seems.
No offence to forum members, just my personal experience.:d

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed there.
and yes the fault was with the garage even though im still not happy with the work. To me it just looks like the nut they have put on the top mount looks a tad too small

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the juddering sorted though?
Year judderings completly gone (thank god)
but theres a slight clunk when pulling off im suspecting the top mount being no secure enough or wrong fixings will soon find out.... im so wishing id of done the job myself now it would of been cheaper and a lot less hassel

·
Registered
28 Posts
total agree now.... having an issue with one of the mounts even though there new. seems to be clunking when pulling away or when pulling off no noise but when i put the foot back on the throttle theres a clunk here i come for a refund.

G

·
Seems like no-one can fix a car properly these days, you may as well just keep throwing parts at it yourself until you get the right one. Quite frustrating.:mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i will just give it up as a bad job its hardly un-noticable unless u have owned the car from new like i have think its time for a trade in .... hmmm what next iv had the following
clio 182 < not enough room for 3 sprogs now had 1.5 dci clio still not enough room
scenic errrmmm think its time for either a large car or another new scenic but i dont like the new brown coloured.... makes it look like it came out of france already rusty. i think a black one with leather or half leather trim would suit right about now.... evans halshaw here i come

·
Registered
28 Posts
been under the car today to figure out and give myself peace of mind in driving around with a clunk.... only to find that the gearbox mount thats been replaced has NOT even been tightened up therefor now needs a new mount due to the knocking freeplay its been having destroying the rubber bushing on the mount>>>> i have taken a video of the freeplay and also how loose the bolt was and will be taking the car along with the video to the garage. lets see what the manager says first thing.... i seriously went red in the face with anger when ii looked to say its been back in for the issue once and all they said was its nothing to do with the parts they have supplied and fitted and tried blaming it on the suspension arms.... all so they could pocket more money.... they either fix it and replace the mount tomorrow morning whilst i wait or they will have court action to include loss of earnings too. wish me luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep us updated with this. How will they try to get out of this one?
Trust me they wont get away with much.... im a bailiff or as some people call them debt collection officer or even a slight few call us... from my experiance is a F***ing C***. for a living so need my car for collections and if tthey know whats good for them i think i will get my next mot and service for free but to be honest i really aint taking any car of mine or the familys back there ever.... esspecially with me having my kids and my family and there kids in the car. just imagine what could of happened if i didnt get it up on the ramp. hmmm i wonder what damage could be caused from it. i know it dont help the steering or the transmission due to the engine movement hmmm ok ill keep you updated and post video tomorrow or even a few pics would be easier see what you think!!

·
Administrator
14,790 Posts
to the garage that u drive in- in shipley west yorkshire <<<< google it as i know you cant name garages etc etc without legal action sometimes being forced upon you.
Not really supposed to do this either :p lol

Sounds like you've had a rough time with these guys!! I think you should make sure they know this! I've had a few garages do more damage to my car than good! :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not really supposed to do this either :p lol

Sounds like you've had a rough time with these guys!! I think you should make sure they know this! I've had a few garages do more damage to my car than good! :mad:
sorry but couldn't resist. im going there with a few words esspecially after driving my kids around school runs etc etc dunno if its dangerous but i bet a pound to a penny that they deny any fact they did a lousy job

·
Administrator
14,790 Posts
Of course they will!! I have to try and remove the sump plug on my car that some numbnuts mechanic hammered a random "something" into the 8mm hole and have damaged it completely! :mad: So I'm gonna have to hammer something into it to in order to get the plug out! And thats just one problem!! But thankfully nothing dangerous with my car... as far as I can tell! :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of course they will!! I have to try and remove the sump plug on my car that some numbnuts mechanic hammered a random "something" into the 8mm hole and have damaged it completely! :mad: So I'm gonna have to hammer something into it to in order to get the plug out! And thats just one problem!! But thankfully nothing dangerous with my car... as far as I can tell! :eek:
iv got two sump plug keys.
infact there exactly the same as an 8mm stadard radiator hex key cheat enough from ur local diy.
have a look there complete hex on one side and a square on the other does the job i suppose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.