Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,back again:( engine struggles to start when it does no power to engine ok when i get by 3000 revs it feels like something is blocked going up hills is a no no had the spark plugs changed starter ok andd had crank shaft sensor changed too when i go to start it i keep my foot on the clucht till it starts and try to give it a bit of a rev the engine goes then it starts to shudder then cuts out but it does start after a while?????
any help anyone
cheers ally

R

·
0 Posts
Are there any warning lights on the dash board? You are probably going to have to get a diagnostic check done to identify the source of the problem.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Are there any noises from the engine at all?.It could be the dephaser pulley playing up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi , had all that done just about 2 years ago new cam belt new pulleys had it all done so surely not needed done after all that only done 12000 miles since then how can it be sorted is there a sensor to change (wishful thinking lol) what about the cam sensor ????
cheers for your time
ally

R

·
0 Posts
You would usually get a warning light if it where a O2 sensor or pencil coil problem? But without a diagnostic check you are really guessing as to the source of the problem. Though a scan doesn't always identify directly a problem but it can certainly help take a lot of the guesswork out of diagnosis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your reply this may sound like a silly question but what kind of warning light or sign come up on the dash board
thanks for your time
cheers ally

R

·
0 Posts
If the depahser was acting up it would be making a noise I would have thought? Though I have only had experince of the 2.0 dephaser which I belive aren't the same as yours.

I think you would have a toxic fume light on? if you had a problem not sure you have a "SERV" light?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi,like a rattleing sound iif it was the dephiser ??? service light was on and a little spaner there to ???

R

·
0 Posts
hi,like a rattleing sound iif it was the dephiser ???
Yes I belive they do rattle on the 1.6 but don't have any experience of the VVT 1.6 engine so not qualified to comment.

service light was on and a little spaner there to ???
That I would say indicates a possible sensor problem such as an O2 sensor problem which controls the fuel mixture so has an impact on performance.

A cheap code reader might well be useful I use one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Scanner-OBD2-Check-Engine-Light-Code-Reader-OBD2-/220762002575?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item336670d48f

Which reads ECU error codes and clears them which turns out warning lights. No good for ABS or Airbag problems though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi,thanks for your time think it is the cam position sensor, had the AA out to look at it so going to get one tommorow and see what happens fingers crossed still strange no warning light came on ?????
will let you all know the out come
cheers again ally

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi ,again im at a total loss here camshaft position sensor fitted still the same thing this was what the dignostic test showed up any one any ideas on what next changed the crank shaft sensor to and spark pugs?????????????????
any ideas would be greatfull
cheers ally (looking for another car renaults are s~~t)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Is it getting sufficient fuel? Has the fuel filter ever been changed? Take out the spark plugs and check their colour, are they all of similar appearance?

R

·
0 Posts
It might be worth checking the engine timing? Also I suppose if the dephaser pulley where to be stuck permanently in advance that wouldn't be helping to start the engine.

The air filter is clean?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi,had the dephaser pulley changed still not starting checked the cat as well ok so off to hospital it went {the garage} they have checed the air flow ok so its in there hands they are checking it out been in since tuesday 10th may
so will let you all know what problem is hopefully they will get to the bottom of it soon and will find the problem

cheers for all your input ally {renaults are sh#t}

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi,heard back from garage today the throttle body is the problem needs to be replaced £256 for the part and can only get it from renault what a surprize plus need codes for it to to set it up so this was the problem with it not starting and lack of power so hope this info helps other people out

cheers again for all your input ally

p..s hope im not on here again lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi,back again garage was in touch it was nothing to do with the throttle body the timeing out by a good bit how that happened who knows(if you read the other threads up above it was arnold clark who was last it it???)lucky it didnt destroy engine.dont know if this a common problem but had all that done about 2 years ago new pulleys new cam belt etc they were at it for a while had dignosic checks coming up cam belt sensor he got his friend from renault with a diffrent dignosic machine apparently this one has all the codes for renaults i dont mean to go on but it is doing my head in please answer me back if have the same problem

cheers ally soon to be an ex renault owner

R

·
0 Posts
hi,back again garage was in touch it was nothing to do with the throttle body the timeing out by a good bit how that happened who knows
Non of the shafts have keys so the timing belt sprockets can rotate on their shafts when the retaining bolts/nuts are undone. So sounds as though something has started to work loose? I think your lucky the timing hasn't slipped further out :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts