Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently posted the same thing on general forum but think I should have posted it here. Sorry for repeating the thread but Im slightly worried about how safe my car is with the problem below...

I have a Clio 93 1.9D...When going at a speed of around 30-40 and above the engine makes an awful loud sound of almost like a washing machine going round but of course alot alouder. (The only way I can think to explain the sound)

I have recently passed my test and know nothing about cars... Apologies if the answer is obvious.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i was speaking to you on your other post and you say the noise gets better or quieter when the clutch is pressed down iam tending to lean towards clutch thrust bearing or gear box???just aguess iam sorry this is a big list but i wish i could help more but iam sure someone will help for sure very soon i hope this helps a little all the best Donald

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help. I had a tyre replaced today and was told the cv boot???-(not sure if thats right) needs replacing either side!

Another person told me it was wheel shaft/bearings!

Another favor..... Would somebody be able to tell me how much this would cost...

(Im a student with not alot of money)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts