Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have Renault Master 2010 2.3 125 bhp 93 kw i have this problem noise engine only after 2-3 hours of operation only when the engine is heated the engine changes its noise only when it is out of gear if I press the clutch or accelerate the noise disappears after 1 minute the noise appears again.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hello i have Renault Master 2010 2.3 125 bhp 93 kw i have this problem noise engine only after 2-3 hours of operation only when the engine is heated the engine changes its noise only when it is out of gear if I press the clutch or accelerate the noise disappears after 1 minute the noise appears again.
Thank you
Out of curiosity, does the noise dissappear once you press the clutch pedal down?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Noises can be a nightmare to nail down but I think Ceex is going down the same road as me and thinking that this could be clutch related. In that vain have you noticed a change in note when you change gear? While I am not familiar with your set up in your instance and without more info it does sound as though this could be thrust bearing related.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Noises can be a nightmare to nail down but I think Ceex is going down the same road as me and thinking that this could be clutch related. In that vain have you noticed a change in note when you change gear? While I am not familiar with your set up in your instance and without more info it does sound as though this could be thrust bearing related.
Yup, you hit the nail on the head Glen. The thrust bearing usually is the culprit for all kind of odd noises. I know thrust bearings don't typically tend to isolate noises all that well. The outer bearing shell starts to become loose as the bearing grease wears thin. I mean, after so many thousand miles of spinning, I would probably be feeling knackered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts