Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me where exactly can I find the engine number for my car please. I've got a brand new engine and I cant find the number. I didn't get the engine from Renault! I got it from a place called Respecs in Accrington - I got told by them that they don't keep the engine code etc.! They're just being stupid and lying to me and don't want to give me the engine number and I have to inform the DVLA asap!! - What does the number looks like/how many letter or and numbers does it have?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me where exactly can I find the engine number for my car please. I've got a brand new engine and I cant find the number. I didn't get the engine from Renault! I got it from a place called Respecs in Accrington - I got told by them that they don't keep the engine code etc.! They're just being stupid and lying to me and don't want to give me the engine number and I have to inform the DVLA asap!! - What does the number looks like/how many letter or and numbers does it have?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
John
Where your timing cover is, there should be a sticker with your engine code on that. If not, at the front of the engine block, there should be a welded plate with your engine code stamped on to it. Is your petrol or diesel? If its diesel, it's going to be a K9K 6series. But determine your actual full engine code, only you can find that out via the methods I've mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where your timing cover is, there should be a sticker with your engine code on that. If not, at the front of the engine block, there should be a welded plate with your engine code stamped on to it. Is your petrol or diesel? If its diesel, it's going to be a K9K 6series. But determine your actual full engine code, only you can find that out via the methods I've mentioned.
Hi there,

Thank you so much for letting me know, I appreciate that a lot - And its petrol.

Kind Regards,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts