Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topping car antifreeze up the other day on a 1.2 clio and decided to check oil etc when I lifted off the oil filler cap I noticed a little bit of white moisture not as thin as water slightly thicker on the housing of the cap and around the edge any ideas? Thanks

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,207 Posts
Its common to the 1.2 D4F engines..when did you last have an oil change..good hard italian tune up can help if you do lots of city driving..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,807 Posts
What he said...commonly known as Mayonaise.
It's water/oil emulsion and fairly typical of short journey engines when the weather gets colder and damp.
Nothing to worry on unless accompanied by loss of coolant and or increase in oil levels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its common to the 1.2 D4F engines..when did you last have an oil change..good hard italian tune up can help if you do lots of city driving..
Had a service done when I purchased the car start of July it was this year I do a lot of city driving and the odd day 20+ mile journey but normally just city driving

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had to top the coolant up the other day but it’s been that way for a while and as far as I’m aware there’s no gain in oil lever maybe if anything a little loss

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,264 Posts
Topping car antifreeze up the other day on a 1.2 clio and decided to check oil etc when I lifted off the oil filler cap I noticed a little bit of white moisture not as thin as water slightly thicker on the housing of the cap and around the edge any ideas? Thanks
Sounds typical of most engines at the start of winter. Shouldn't be anything to worry about unless there are more serious issues present at the same time ... but as you havn't mentioned then assume its all ok.

·
23,207 Posts
Had a service done when I purchased the car start of July it was this year I do a lot of city driving and the odd day 20+ mile journey but normally just city driving
What also doesn't help is in the rocker cover there is a PVC and they also get clogged up..see this thread..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What also doesn't help is in the rocker cover there is a PVC and they also get clogged up..see this thread..

May seem like a daft question what happens if the pvc gets clogged or blocked

·
23,207 Posts
Crank case breather hose looks like this..

Take your airbox off and have a look down the back of the engine..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crank case breather hose looks like this..

Take your airbox off and have a look down the back of the engine..
No problem I’ll have a look tomorrow thanks for the advice I appreciate it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts