Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am driving a 2005 Scenic II 2.0 in good condition - full service record.
Yesterday I started driving and after about 3 kilometers, the temperature gauge went down to 1 bar and the engine dropped power/cut out.
I was travelling at about 100 km/hour so the car continued to drive and the engine kicked in/out a few times.
The temperature gauge then climbed to 5 bars and stayed there for a while and the engine ran normal.
About 5 kilometers further it happened again, restored again to 5 bars and then it was fine until I arrived home.
This morning the routine happened once and returned normal (5 bars) until I stopped.
Any suggestions / help will be appreciated.

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi Paul have you checked you coolant level, sounds like a low level or air lock,engine sends temp to ecu and will go into limp mode if any problem noted. when it does it do you get any warning lights on dash.cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Johnboyw - thanks for your response.
When it happened, I did check for warning lights, messages and sounds but there was none.
I will check the levels asap. It was services 2 months ago but you never know. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Johnboyw...Spot-on diagnosis.
The coolant level was way below the minimum mark so I topped it up.
So far I have not encountered the issue again.
Thank you very much for the advice!

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi Paul thank you for the feed back lot of people don't bother and we need it for future reference good result,keep your eye on that level hopefully nothing wrong cheers :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts