Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2Dci 55 plate lag.

ok, just a quick over view of the problem, basically when im going along, doesnt have to be a fast speed or not, i get the power stuttering when im holding the pedal steady, sometimes its only a little stutter, and sometimes its a bit bigger.

Anyone know what the problem might be, a friend of mine said it might be the accelerator sensor under the pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on my kangoo the egr valve is located under the air filter housing. the valve sits at the rear of the engine ( below the window washers ) it can be a bit tricky to locate unless familiar with it.

the valve sits in the exhaust manifold. it is fitted with 3 x 10mm bolts. 1 x wired connection.be careful when removing & dont hit it with a hammer to remove. with a bit of pressure & slight nudgeing it will come out.

the valve will probably be full of diesel soot etc. clean the valve with carb cleaner or thinners & also clean the ports that the valve sits in, otherwise if you just clean the valve it will become dirty again.

if the problem persists i would then move on to the air flow meter ( maf sensor)

there is plenty of info on here about the egr valve. if you are still struggling get yourself the haynes manual for your model.

hope this helps some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts