Independent Renault Forums banner

Engine problem, Power stuttering

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  anthonyhall81 
#1 ·
I have a 2.2Dci 55 plate lag.

ok, just a quick over view of the problem, basically when im going along, doesnt have to be a fast speed or not, i get the power stuttering when im holding the pedal steady, sometimes its only a little stutter, and sometimes its a bit bigger.

Anyone know what the problem might be, a friend of mine said it might be the accelerator sensor under the pedal.

#5 ·
on my kangoo the egr valve is located under the air filter housing. the valve sits at the rear of the engine ( below the window washers ) it can be a bit tricky to locate unless familiar with it.

the valve sits in the exhaust manifold. it is fitted with 3 x 10mm bolts. 1 x wired connection.be careful when removing & dont hit it with a hammer to remove. with a bit of pressure & slight nudgeing it will come out.

the valve will probably be full of diesel soot etc. clean the valve with carb cleaner or thinners & also clean the ports that the valve sits in, otherwise if you just clean the valve it will become dirty again.

if the problem persists i would then move on to the air flow meter ( maf sensor)

there is plenty of info on here about the egr valve. if you are still struggling get yourself the haynes manual for your model.

hope this helps some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.