Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.5 dci megane, 05

Known faults: injector fault, stop, when accelerating, back to normal when easing of the gas: done leak test one injector returning too much fuel another to little, about 40% of the other two: Need to clean/purge/replace.

New problem: took longer to start this morning, and when it did the injector/stop fault came on and didn't turn off. This happened once before i turned the engine off and it was ok after. This time i thought i'll see if it goes off, down the road my speedo dropped to 0 and lost all power. But there was a loud machine gun sort of noise coming from the engine. I pulled over stopped the engine then everything else was ok when starting up.

Is this the limp home mode? What else could it be?

Regards jon

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,707 Posts
does sound like a sticky injector ,,are you able give it a good run on a quite country road where you can knock it out of gear and blast the accelerator a few times to see if this helps ,,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on the drive home i clutched it and rev'd it hard, nearly red lining it a few times, not exactly knocked out of gear. This appeared to help a little for a minute. The stop lights come on more from under 2000 revs whilst increasing to 2500. It was just the weird sound and the lose of the speedo that freaked me out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers had loads of that stuff, i've just got my bottle of liqui moly diesel purge, i think im going to give that a go, maybe try it with the injectors in to start of with then take them out if that doesn't help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to partially close the thread, still have some fuel pressure sensor codes come up. Injectors have been out and ultrasonic cleaned the diy way, possible need new or a new control valve for them? Currently testing fuel lines for leakage as i believe there was to many air bubbles in the system. Changed primer bulb, as if left for too long would take longer to start indicating fuel leaking back to the tank.

But original opening question, i believe this was the limp mode, haven't managed to get this to happen again.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,967 Posts
.........But original opening question, i believe this was the limp mode, haven't managed to get this to happen again.
Could have been.
Or could have been fuel starvation, injector sticking open (rattle could have been the result) and draining fuel pressure, glitch or gremlins.

Easier to diagnose if it keeps happening, intermittant faults are a nightmare, one offs even worse.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Dancingdad, i'm slowly narrowing down my fuel rail pressure problems, this was a extremely rare case. TBH i think it was one of the first times i took the injectors out. Human error is quite high up on the list!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts