Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Writing this post here to see if anyone might have experienced a similar problem and found a solution for it.
As stated in the title my engine is making a weird scratching kind of noise whenever you put on a bit of gas.

The car is a 2012 megane 1.5 DCI 6speed gearbox

It seems to happen no matter the rpm as soon as one pushes a little more than a tiny bit on the gas pedal.
The engine sounds just fine when idling and if you accelerate very slowly.

Another thing that I think I'm experiencing is that the exhaust gasses smell different than they used to.

The reason I'm writing here to try to find some kind of solution is because all of the mechanics in my area are on vacation and I would have to be without my car for at least 1 month :/

I have friends who have tools, experience and a workshop so if I just find out what needs changing he should be able to help me with that :)

Greatly appreciate any tips!

Error codes are:

DTC226321 (react immediately)
Circuit overupply: Signal <Minimum

DTC226322 (react immediately)
electrical circuit oversupply> Maximum

DTC018029 (react immediately)
Circuit temperature sensor Fuel: Implausible value / signal invalid (erroneous)

DTC02013A (react immediately)
Circuit for controlling Injector cylinder 1: Too many signal pulses

DTC02033A (react immediately)
Circuit controlling injector cylinder 3: Too many signal pulses

DTC02043A (react immediately)
Circuit for controlling the injection valve cylinder 4: Too many signal pulses

DTC001579 (Not serious)
Electronic control unit (ECU)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was discussing with a friend who thought it was strange that 3 of the injectors are getting error codes simultaneously which led him to believe it might be something wrong with the fuel filter. That could maybe explain the difference in smell too maybe?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Smell from exhaust is probably DPF filter in action. When car will be OK, half an hour drive with hot engine should end that.

As for noise, try this.
Turn on the engine, lift the hood and have somebody observe V belt and alternator. Lift the engine revs and look if V belt is moving slower then it should according to engine revs.
If it is, can be a problem with crank pulley or alternator pulley as they both have rubber part for dumping vibrations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smell from exhaust is probably DPF filter in action. When car will be OK, half an hour drive with hot engine should end that.

As for noise, try this.
Turn on the engine, lift the hood and have somebody observe V belt and alternator. Lift the engine revs and look if V belt is moving slower then it should according to engine revs.
If it is, can be a problem with crank pulley or alternator pulley as they both have rubber part for dumping vibrations.
Could be a good start! But would it explain the error codes that i'm getting?

thanks for the reply

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,896 Posts
Sure injector two is ok here. and the other 3 are trying to compensate ..

·
Registered
62 Posts
just because there is a fault on the injector circuit for 1, 3 and 4 this does not mean that the injectors are faulty. I would certainly recommend a leak-off check on the injectors to observe the state of the hydraulic action...

·
Registered
62 Posts
with noises, it's very difficult to help without audio/video. Can you provide?

Moxinel's idea is a good one...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could be a good start! But would it explain the error codes that i'm getting?

thanks for the reply
When rubber in the pulley breaks, it smells, bit it smells like burning rubber, of course.
Either one pulley fails, generator is not producing enough electricity which can cause all sorts of problems as computer is monitoring everything, including charging of the battery.

Doesn't cost anything to check, you just need somebody who knows basic engine operations and to observe V belt.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wouldn't you say it's strange that 3 of them all of the sudden give up ;S? Will be an expensive fix if I have to change 3 injectors haha!
Not likely.
Especially if the engine works fine on idle.

It is almost certain that injectors are good and fault must be somewhere else. Noise and bad acceleration leans towards belt problem. If not, maybe somebody else will have a new idea

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not likely.
Especially if the engine works fine on idle.

It is almost certain that injectors are good and fault must be somewhere else. Noise and bad acceleration leans towards belt problem. If not, maybe somebody else will have a new idea
Sorry if i wasn't clear in my description. What i meant was that during slow acceleration there's no noise. I honestly didn't try to accelerate hard because i'm a bit afraid i'll **** something up even more. My girlfriend who was driving the car when the noise began said that it accelerated fine though.

The noise comes in all rpm ranges as soon as you push the gas pedal a little harder than maybe 1/4th of the way if that makes sense.

I will have to check out the belts then! Thanks everyone for the help. Really appreciate the input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry if i wasn't clear in my description. What i meant was that during slow acceleration there's no noise. I honestly didn't try to accelerate hard because i'm a bit afraid i'll **** something up even more. My girlfriend who was driving the car when the noise began said that it accelerated fine though.

The noise comes in all rpm ranges as soon as you push the gas pedal a little harder than maybe 1/4th of the way if that makes sense.

I will have to check out the belts then! Thanks everyone for the help. Really appreciate the input.
I will also try to record some audio of the sound. Might be a bit difficult because the sound doesn't really come when the car is stationary just revving :S

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry if i wasn't clear in my description.
Yes, you were.
If the engine idle is fine and without any noises, then it is not likely it will have some major fault.

Any other part of the engine that spins together with the crankshaft would be effected throughout the revs, regardless of the acceleration. Only one I can think of that spins with the engine but is not essential to the engine operation is V belt. If it's not broken, then the pulley is suspected.

Of course, I am counting on you, you would notice if the noise occurs only if the vehicle is moving.

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
5,159 Posts
Hello!

Writing this post here to see if anyone might have experienced a similar problem and found a solution for it.
As stated in the title my engine is making a weird scratching kind of noise whenever you put on a bit of gas.

The car is a 2012 megane 1.5 DCI 6speed gearbox

It seems to happen no matter the rpm as soon as one pushes a little more than a tiny bit on the gas pedal.
The engine sounds just fine when idling and if you accelerate very slowly.

Another thing that I think I'm experiencing is that the exhaust gasses smell different than they used to.

The reason I'm writing here to try to find some kind of solution is because all of the mechanics in my area are on vacation and I would have to be without my car for at least 1 month :/

I have friends who have tools, experience and a workshop so if I just find out what needs changing he should be able to help me with that :)

Greatly appreciate any tips!

Error codes are:

DTC226321 (react immediately)
Circuit overupply: Signal <Minimum

DTC226322 (react immediately)
electrical circuit oversupply> Maximum

DTC018029 (react immediately)
Circuit temperature sensor Fuel: Implausible value / signal invalid (erroneous)

DTC02013A (react immediately)
Circuit for controlling Injector cylinder 1: Too many signal pulses

DTC02033A (react immediately)
Circuit controlling injector cylinder 3: Too many signal pulses

DTC02043A (react immediately)
Circuit for controlling the injection valve cylinder 4: Too many signal pulses

DTC001579 (Not serious)
Electronic control unit (ECU)
While there is possibly some good feedback here based on only your subjective description of the problem I would really call a halt on any action till you can get a better and proper Renault speaking scanner.

I don't know what scanner you were using but IMO it's a guaranteed source of loss of beer money if any/all the suggestions it made is followed because the codes are generic and effectively useless.

"Circuit for controlling Injector cylinder 1: Too many signal pulses" .................. in particular THIS - where is that info coming from? - not from any working ECU controlling those injectors!:sick:

As already suggested, get a good quality video of the problem with good audio because I can see lots of tears in the future with only this scanner to help troubleshooting................. :unsure:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts