Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had my 2007 Megane in for a 3 yr service and drove away and found that it was stalling. The car was towed back to the dealer and they checked it and said that the dip stick was out 1 cm and that air would have gotten into the engine and caused it to stall. Has anyone heard of this problem before? I made it home (a 270 klms drive) ok. But I am not convinced that the dip stick was the problem!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

What engine do you have in the car as that might have some bearing on the relevance to the crank case being over pressurised

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

I very much doubt the dipstick being out slightly was the cause of the engine stalling. Were any warning lights coming on and when was the stalling worse, was it when the engine was cold or hot? I am going to assume its either a 1.6 petrol or 2.0 petrol and the most likely fault that would cause the engine to stall would be either a faulty idle control valve or gummed up throttle body housing.

Harry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The megane is a petrol 1.6 Scenic 11. The only time the lights came on were when the engine stalled as I was cruising along at 110 klm on an open road. When the service centre went over the car again they did a diagnostic test again and could not find a fault. I live in Australia by the way and the day was about 32 degrees.

R

·
0 Posts
I wish it was 32 degrees here right now!:)

I have heard of diesels forcing the dipsticks out when a manifold cracks. Though clearly not your issue. Which is why I asked what type of engine you had.

I wonder if your problem might not lie with a dirty TDC sensor? If you do a search you'll see a lot of posts on the subject.

Like you I would be sceptical what the garage said about the reasons for the car stalling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts