Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a scenic 1.6 8valve 1998 model
first start up of the day it will not fire up lucky i live on a hill and a short bump start and it fires up ok after that it starts fine untill the next morning
battery has plenty of power but not sure if the starter maybe taking all the power and leaving very little to run the rest of the system thoughts on that please and any other ideas i am sure i have read of the same problem before on the forum but i cant find any other thread on this problem
Ron

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you describe it in more detail?

When you try and start it, does it crank over? If so, does it crank over slowly and sounds like it's struggling?

Have you tested your alternator's charge rate?

Have you checked the fluid level in the battery?

·
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i cleaned the sensor on the bell housing and will find out later today when i goto fire it up for the first time if that was the problem it was well coated with dirt
Ron

·
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you describe it in more detail?

When you try and start it, does it crank over? If so, does it crank over slowly and sounds like it's struggling?

Have you tested your alternator's charge rate?

Have you checked the fluid level in the battery?
battery turns it over fine it just does not fire up 90% of the time
when it is running it is charging fine as well (meter reading)
but if cleaning the sensor fails i will connect a booster pack and see what happens find out if it is the battery once and for all
Ron

·
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem sorted since the sensor has been cleaned it has started first time every time
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI i am having same problem could you please tell me where to find this sensor so i can try to clean it ,thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i have the same problem but after reading on here i have changed reley 1 and 3 around and car as started after very cold night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts