Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 'Brilliant' display from our superstars!
Why are some players still being picked (Rooney, P Neville etc) when there are players playing better at club level?
Rooney, as good as he is for Utd, has not done anything for England for 3 years!
Playing players out of position (Lennon, Gerard, Carra et al) when there are players available (Shorey at left back) could do the job and have a point to prove.
WHY oh WHY:steam:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I don't know they bother,because even if they manage to qualify for any championships they always end up getting knocked out at the early stages!.

It was obvious that Steve McLaren was the wrong man for the job,but his face fitted with the FA.Give big Sam the job!.He wouldn't put up with the crap thats been exhibited by England over the last few years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It always will be the same while we have dull managers who insist that 442 will win all the time. I appreciate that Jose Mourinho has his critics but you can't knock the guys attitude when it comes to trying to win a game, by taking some risks..... McClaren doesn't seem to have that daring side to his management.

Is he Erikssson with red hair???

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Think the post had the wrong title, should have been No hope No glory. Have to agree about McLaren, more thought should have been given, not sure about Big Sam though.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think Sam would have made a decent fist of the job,and would have injected a bit of pride into the team at the very least.McLaren just seems a bit uninspiring.....dull.....wet.....boring......clueless......:d

Who else is there?:eek:.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
There is not really an English born Manager up for the job I believe, It is about ten years since a team managed by an English manager won the league mmmmmm.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
There is no pride or passion in the team. I always thought that whatever criticsm was aimed at Beckham he at least had pride and commitment.
I was amazed by the news reports today where the players said they were "disapointed" with the result. Gutted, embarressed, ashamed were phrases that should come to mind. But when all is said it's a game and no one has died.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Martin O'neal was the man for the job
Got to agree, O'NEILL was the man. We hoped he would have got the Ireland job cos our FA president told us he was going to appoint a world class manager. We got a man who was Walsall assistant for 4 months. And you English think you have problems!!!!:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any manager will have to put the boot in and get rid of some of the 'stars'.
Becks is missed, he did at least show pride. Now we have a dull manager and a quiet captain!

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I think that we have to make use of the younger players, I watched the under 21 game and players like Bentley shone, we need to get them to play together. The average age of the 66 world cup team was 21 if I remember correctly. It will take a brave coach to bring in a number of youngsters who have pride to play for their country, and fight for their places in the team.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are all quick to blame the manager but the players dont seem to have the commitment - perhaps they are all overpaid
and whether they do good or bad they still get their oversized paycheck come the end of the week. Rooney and the rest are not that good compared to the rest of the world lets have some youngsters with a bit of hunger and something to prove.
Still when we thrash Andorra we can all start cheering again
and telling ourselves how wonderful our players were.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The players do seem to under perform when they play for England,but that is surely down to the manager and the coaching staff.They are over paid and there are too many games played each season,but surely the pride of representing your country should overcome all?.(Or maybe thats an old fashioned idealism....:eek:).

O

·
0 Posts
Big Sam should come to City and Pearce should be England Manager - big heart, big pride but no good at picking a squad when they are mostly losers - if he had his pick of Englands finest I'm sure he would comand the right attitude from them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any manager will have to put the boot in and get rid of some of the 'stars'.
Becks is missed, he did at least show pride. Now we have a dull manager and a quiet captain!
I agree with the dull manager, But have to disagree with quiet captain, Terry seems quieter as he is only on the back pages of the paper where he belongs! He is the best man for the Captain.

The only defence I have for the England team is that because expectations are so high teams do try harder to stop us playing, A draw against us is a good result, I feel the point that most England fans feel is that we are aware of this problem yet are seeing nothing to compehend it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad:

We were not very good....Or to put it mildly we were cr*p!

3-0 against a bunch of part time, no hope, no rank, no chance, muppets is a national disgrace. :steam:

Still if you're getting paid £120,000 per week why bother running your nuts off for the cause?

Players go on and on about the pride they feel when they put the three lions shirt on. If that's the case why don't they perform once they wear it. :confused:

Wasters all of them :steam:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts

The only defence I have for the England team is that because expectations are so high teams do try harder to stop us playing, A draw against us is a good result, I feel the point that most England fans feel is that we are aware of this problem yet are seeing nothing to compehend it![/QUOTE]

Have to say that if we only drew with England at the moment, I would be disappointed. The English team's confidence is britle to say the least and most certainly is not helped by a gossip mongering lynch mob gutter press.

McClaren should be judged at the end of the qualifying process and then how successful he would be at the championships. I don't think there is any hope of England not qualifying. Then, if you get to the quarter finals allow McClaren a second bite at the cherry!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts