·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2003 Renault Clio MK2
Radio: http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/592257.jpg

Other facts:
I know my radio code;
My Clio (Authentique) does not have a display, so I can't see what I'm inputting.

Having searched and tried, and then searched these forums and tried some more, I can't get my radio to work. Things that I have tried are:

- Inputting the value of the first digit by pressing the number '1' a corresponding number of times;
- etc for the second, third and fourth digits;
- Pressing '6' and holding it for 15 seconds.

- Inputting the value of the first digit by pressing the number '1' then pressing the '>' a corresponding number of times;
- etc for the second, third and fourth digits;
-Pressing '+' and holding it for 15 seconds.

- Inputting the value of the first digit by pressing the bottom button on the steering controls, then sliding the wheel upwards on the steering controls a corresponding number of times;
- etc for second, third and fourth digits
- Holding the bottom button on the steering controls for 15 seconds.

Anyone any idea?

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
When you switch the radio on it will display 4 zero's with the first one flashing turn the thumbwheel on the stalk to the correct number.

When you have done this press the button at the bottom of the stalk, that will store the first digit and move to the next one.

Repeat for the other digits

After inputting the final digit press and hold the button at the bottom of the stalk untill you hear a beep then release.

All done

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, is it possible to put the code in without using the stalk, just the buttons on the radio unit? (update list type). My radio stalk controls are not working, as l have just had my dash display repaired (by VKM, an Ebay trader) and it appears they mended the dash to be suitable for a tuner list radio.
Previously, to get the failed dash working, l had tried a 'new' dash (part number ending in 505A) suitable for a tuner list radio, and the blank radio display and non-working stalk symptoms were exactly the same as l have now.
So, l'm wondering 1:- would the radio display on the dash return if l can code it; 2:- ditto the radio stalk controls; 3:- if l bought an Ebay tuner list radio would my problems be over; 4:- are the radio terminals/connections the same on tuner and update list models?
The car is Scenic ll 2005. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
PS to the above... my worst case scenario would be to disconnect all power to the radio to ''reboot'' it, and then not be able to code it. At least at the mo l can hear the radio, and use the head unit basic controls.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Please don't ask me how, 1 rubbish memory :crazy:

I've definitely used just the controls on the radio to input the code iirc inputting through the stork is easier, which is why you might find it mentioned here a lot more often.

Using the arrow key to select the # required comes to mind (I think :confused:) But I'm damned if I can remember what was used to enter it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, I found myself in the EXACT SAME POSITION!!

But, I worked it out... So, no display and wanting to input the code? Easy!

It is, like someone else mentioned a case of pressing the button that corresponds with the position/number you want, but there is a catch - I will explain.

Lets say the code you want to enter is 2345, easy enough, press button 1 twice, then (here's the catch) press button 2 four times, then press button 3 five times finally press button 4 six times. When you have entered the code press and hold 6 for 5-6 seconds, you should hear a double high tone bleep if entered correctly and the static from radio if its not tuned. If the code was entered incorrectly there will be a low tone and you will be locked out for 1 min (this increases with repeated lockouts so be careful!)

The reason you have to press 2nd 3rd and 4th buttons an extra time is because when you press it once it is selecting that part of the code.

If you still have your tuner list radio, this is great practice for inputting the code, just plug in and do it until you're confident that you could do it without the display (Make sure you know the code though!)

I hope this makes sense, I know I am crap at explaining things... Sorry :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, thanks for your post, I had same problem, still no display or stalk controls, but at least radio working now. There have been a lot of people with display probs and no one has an answer :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I found myself in the EXACT SAME POSITION!!

But, I worked it out... So, no display and wanting to input the code? Easy!

It is, like someone else mentioned a case of pressing the button that corresponds with the position/number you want, but there is a catch - I will explain.

Lets say the code you want to enter is 2345, easy enough, press button 1 twice, then (here's the catch) press button 2 four times, then press button 3 five times finally press button 4 six times. When you have entered the code press and hold 6 for 5-6 seconds, you should hear a double high tone bleep if entered correctly and the static from radio if its not tuned. If the code was entered incorrectly there will be a low tone and you will be locked out for 1 min (this increases with repeated lockouts so be careful!)

The reason you have to press 2nd 3rd and 4th buttons an extra time is because when you press it once it is selecting that part of the code.

If you still have your tuner list radio, this is great practice for inputting the code, just plug in and do it until you're confident that you could do it without the display (Make sure you know the code though!)

I hope this makes sense, I know I am crap at explaining things... Sorry :eek:
Hi,

First time post! Just wanted to thank you for the above info, radio now working, if only i could get the display to work too... :)

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please can you help. I have an old Renault Clio Grande 1.2 Y Reg.
Where do i find a radio code after disconnecting the battery
If I cant find a code is there another solution?
Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately I recently had a battery change on my 2017 Campus and radio not worked since. It is the original radio and I have the code and just keep getting error although keyed as above. Any ideas or will I need a Renault garage. Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts