Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work we are implementing ISO 14001 environmental procedures and I would appreciate any green ideas you may have to save energy etc.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
We have something similar at work ,we have to switch all lights off when not needed and be sensible with air con and heating, just the normal things really, then every month is on the notice board is how much we have saved and is amazing how much it is, runs into hundreds on the previous year.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
To really get people's support, these money-saving incentives should be rewarded by the employees receiving a bonus equal (or representative) of the money saved. The company is no worse off than before, it has the benefit of the environmental 'feelgood factor' and the kudos that brings, and the employees will make suggestions / implement action where necessary.

Its called the "What's in it for me?" policy, and I suppose since most are driven by the almighty pound in their pocket...;)

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
To really get people's support, these money-saving incentives should be rewarded by the employees receiving a bonus equal (or representative) of the money saved. The company is no worse off than before, it has the benefit of the environmental 'feelgood factor' and the kudos that brings, and the employees will make suggestions / implement action where necessary.

Its called the "What's in it for me?" policy, and I suppose since most are driven by the almighty pound in their pocket...;)

Paul:)
:rofl: Morrisons would never do that , they are a very tight fisted company :d

·
Registered
56 Posts
The German ADAC just published a report of a survey in which they found that using your a/c to bring down temperature from 31 C° to 22 C° your fuel consuption goes up between 2,47 and 4,15 l/100 km for petrol engines.

The full report from this link.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing that most of our drivers have done is S.A.F.E.D (Safe And Fuel Efficient Driving). This has reduced fuel usage by up to 10% in some cases and many drivers have seen the benefit in their own private driving too.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
The thing that most of our drivers have done is S.A.F.E.D (Safe And Fuel Efficient Driving). This has reduced fuel usage by up to 10% in some cases and many drivers have seen the benefit in their own private driving too.
That's a huge saving in environmental terms and financially.

A saving for everyone all round then. :)

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Install "presence detectors" in all toilets to turn off the lights automatically when nobody is in there. Have office lighting wired so that all the lights closest to windows are connected to solar sensors to turn them off when it's sufficiently light from natural daylight - NB this is usually just the first set of lights closest to the building wall/windows.
Have stairwell lighting connected to presence detectors that turn the lights off when nobody is in the stairwells - BUT on a timeswitch so that this only operates out of normal working (and reasonable overtime) hours.

Switch all PC monitors from CRT to LCD - initial expense may be high, but you soon recoup it on electricity savings, especially if you have staff who leave their monitors on all night after they have gone home

1 - 11 of 11 Posts