Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - after some advice if possible. Recently had clutch and dual mass fly wheel changed in car. Car is suffering from dreaded electrical issues now.

Parking sensors would frequently not be on, but seems now they are staying working, so likely moisture issue.

More annoying is Electronic Parking Brake. It did not release automatically at all on forward or reverse movement, but would work manually.

Today another sensor was changed, seemingly a reverse sensor, and now EPB automatically releases, but.....

On flat ground EPB releases without an issue going forwards.

On flat ground, EPB does not release easily on reverse, almost feeling car may stall before EPB finally release.

On slope, EPB does not release easily (as above) almost getting to stall position before finally releasing.

As you can imagine I am not driving g near any hills.

I appreciate rear pads and discs are due soon on rear, but not sure this is cause, and don't want to throw money away if we can't get this EPB release fixed.

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just covering the basics. Is the cruise control working in ALL gears. Is the indicator on the dash that warns you to change up or down a gear when your revs are to hi/low working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruise control doesn't to be an issue, seems to work as expected. Regarding dash warning, not sure I have ever seen a warning to change gear, maybe I don't thrash it enough, then again it's a 1.5dci so trying to get up a hill generally is a struggle enough ;)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,787 Posts
Rverse/neutral sensor in gear box was likely the one changed.
Check the middle switch on the clutch pedal... I assume this is still on the Mk3.
This should have a long lever operated by the clutch pedal.
Provides clutch position which along with throttle position/power and slope angle, decides when to release EPB.

It may simply be a case of you getting used to new clutch plus car getting used to slight changes in system.
Give a few more revs when pulling away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts